If you lead a hectic lifestyle chances are you let breakfast fall low on your list of priorities. Breakfast skippers tend to eat more food than usual at the next meal, or nibble on high-calorie snacks to stave off hunger.
Fixing something healthy in the morning is the last thing on your mind, which is why we bring to you the nutritious quick fix pancake.
This breakfast pancake is full of whole grains that are an excellent source of fiber and protein. The additional vegetables and nuts are high on vitamins and healthy fats which make it a perfect morning meal!!
Multi grain pancake:( 4 servings)
½ cup ragi (nachini/red millet)
½ cup jowar (white millet)
1 tablespoon soya flour
1 tablespoon semolina
1 teaspoon flax seeds
1 teaspoon sesame seeds (til)
1 cup of vegetables of your choice (cabbage, spinach, onions, grated carrots, beans, capsicum, cauliflower, fenugreek)
2 Green chilies chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup coriander chopped
1 teaspoon olive oil for cooking
- In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients except oil, and mix it well with water to make a thick batter.
- Heat a nonstick pan, and grease it a little with olive oil.
- With a big spoon spread an even layer of the batter on the pan.
- Cook on both sides using very little oil till golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the batter to make 3 more pancakes.
- To make it high on protein cottage cheese can be used as stuffing.
- Serve it hot with mint coriander chutney.
Eating a healthy breakfast high on protein and complex carbs as a weight loss recipe can make a lot of difference to your day, which is why this pancake is perfect for you. Its high protein content makes it a perfect morning meal making you feel full and healthy throughout the day!!